February 20, 2009

President Shimon Peres charges Binyamin Netanyahu with forming government


"The Basic Law: The Government obliges me to bestow the task of forming the government on one of the Knesset members within seven days of my receiving the official election results.

At the conclusion of the consultations, delegates representing 65 incoming Knesset members - a majority of the Knesset - recommended that I task MK Binyamin Netanyahu with forming the next government.

Therefore, in accordance with the authority vested in me by the Basic Law: the Government, I have decided to bestow the task of forming the next government on MK Binyamin Netanyahu, while noting that a majority of the delegatoins expressed their wish that the government formed will be a broad government, and requesting that this desire be taken into account in the forming of the government.

I hope that the process will be completed quickly. The people of Israel need governmental and political stability so that we will be able to cope with the challenges before us."

(Israel Ministr of Foreign Affairs)

No comments:

Post a Comment