September 14, 2007

Am I more Reform or Conservative?

Brought up in Reform Judaism (TSOC), Teshuvah has made me realize that a more Torah based existence is for me.

But do I want to look at Conservative Judaism, or do I even need to.

Can I be an "Observant Reform Jew" (Thank you Iris) Sure I can.

But will enough congregants in my community share my views?
I wore a Kippah to TSOC this Rosh Hashana for the first time.
It was OK. Some do...many don't.

Conservative Outline and my feelings :

The Centrality of Modern Israel (Yes)
Hebrew: The Irreplaceable Language of Jewish Expression (Yes)
Devotion to the Ideal of Klal Yisrael (Whole Jewish community - YES)
The Defining Role of Torah in the Reshaping of Judaism (YES)
The Study of Torah (YES)
The Governance of Jewish Life by Halakha (Maybe)
Belief in Hashem ( Well Duh)

I guess the question for me has always been Halakha Laws and how they
govern your everyday life.

But as a Reform Jew I be as observant as I need to be.
I don't need to change to Conservative...

Unless I feel that the I wanty to attend services that the Reform Movement may not "recognize".

.

No comments:

Post a Comment