July 16, 2012

Birth Of A Leather-Kippah Jew

Front-Page-071312
“Let me be honest with you,” the rosh yeshiva began.

It was not a good sign. I was sitting for a farher, an entrance interview, with the rosh yeshiva of a well-known yeshiva in Jerusalem, and it was about to go very badly.

I was, to be fair, a very unusual applicant. I had just graduated from law school. My classmates and friends were headed off to prestigious clerkships or to seek their fortunes. I had other plans. My secular learning had now outpaced my Torah learning, and it was time, I believed, to catch up.

So I applied to a yeshiva renowned for its commitment and the dedication of its students. I prepared thoroughly and was sure my learning – my scholarship – was up to par.

I hadn’t gotten the look down quite right, I knew. My suit was too blue; my shoes too un-scuffed; my black hat somehow at the wrong angle. But surely, I told myself, these things didn’t matter; my commitment, my dedication and my ability were what mattered most.

Read More:

http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/front-page/birth-of-a-leather-kippah-jew/2012/07/11/0/?print

3 comments:

  1. The important article. Very good spreading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have provided a great website.
    Here is my site ... Chesterfields Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! what a blog,amazing please follow:There are a lot of people who are returning to their basic traditional dress styles. That is why we can see shoes, clothes and even caps that are traditional in nature like the Suede kippot becoming very popular again. They are even available online these days. Just search in any standard search engine for Kippah or kippot and you will get great designs of Leather kippot.

    ReplyDelete