April 13, 2009

Foundation for Constitutional Democracy

I am currently a Jewish American citizen living in upstate NY that learned about George Washington, not Ben Gurion growing up. So my experience in politics has been American and the style of Government we were taught in school was 100% Checks and Balances. I take for granted the way things work in the US and have always assumed it was the best way to run a Government. It seems that there are so many politicians that to form a conspiracy would take a gigantic effort...and would not be possible.

So when it came to "Democratic" Israel I understood that there was a difference in style of Government. I understood that Israeli's background models came from England, and so we have a Parliamentary style of Government. Israel is not a
Democracy because their is no represention for the people. The Government does not have to answer for anything they do.

Then I found out how the Supreme Court Justices are appointed in Israel.
The difference between voting for a candidate or a political party.
The way the police are manipulated like an internal military at the whim of the Government....makes it appear more like a mild police state.

The majority of the Jews in Israel are not Secular....they may not be Orthodox, but they are Jews. All Jews own Israel. That includes all of the Jews in the Diaspora...like me. My soul was part of the nation of Israel and was included. Currently my space in Israel is like a Condo in Miami I am not using.
So I have a very large interest in what happens to my Country and my land!!

Dr Paul Eidelberg of the Foundation for Constitutional Democracy has opened my eyes about a few things.

1) I supported Moshe Feiglin and Manhigut Yehudit and asked Dr. Paul Eidelberg his opinion of MY and why he did not support them. He informed me that the the whole basis for MY was based on a 10 page paper that Dr Eidelberg wrote 10 years ago and that he feels that Feiglin is a Reform Jew leading MY.

2) I then investigated FCD further. I began to see that the problem is not the Politicians in office in Israel, it is the system itself that corrupts people due to its very workings. The major problem in Israel is not the citizens, they are in effect powerless. it is clearly the current style of Government that creates crooks and power brokers.

3) http://www.foundation1.org/ - Check it out for yourself and then

4) Join the movement for the solution - http://futureisrael.org/

Then let me know what you think!

Avi

No comments:

Post a Comment